Education Minister, Dr. Mathew Opoku Prempeh has blamed the erstwhile Mahama government for the congestion in Senior High School (SHS).
According to him, his predecessor at the Education Ministry, Prof Naana Opoku Agyemang and her deputy, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa awarded the E-block contracts to National Democratic Congress’ (NDC) vigilante groups.
The result of awarding school building contracts to unqualified people, the Education Ministry said is the cause of the delay in the completion of the buildings.
Speaking on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme Tuesday, Dr. Opoku Prempeh revealed that when the Mahama government started its progressively free SHS for day schools, it had not completed even one of the E-blocks.
He indicated that, not even one the 23 schools with funding from World Bank was completed under Prof. Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang as Education Minister.
Reading from the official handing over notes, Napo as he is popularly called expressed disappointment over how the Education Ministry procured services without making any allocations to pay for the service.
He could not fathom why the NDC is complaining of congestion since they rolled out the free SHS when it created the mess.
The Education Minister said the difference between this year and last year’s admission is 17 students thus wonder why some school heads are complaining of congestion.
Napo is certain the NDC is bent on sabotaging the free SHS to keep deceiving the illiterates but “we won’t allow them”.
Watch full video below